Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Tuesday July 17th 2012
Day Seven at Mountain Creek State High School

            Today was my first day riding my bike to school. What a difference it made! I got to leave 15 minutes later and it only took about 25 minutes to get there rather than 40 minutes. I really enjoyed the ride as well; it was breezy and hilly making it a fun little workout. When I got to school one of the teachers I have been chatty with had my tea all prepared for me! It was so nice to walk in and see that someone here is making me feel at home. I am starting to get the hang of being a part of the staff. This is not an easy transition for me, student to teacher, but I am really enjoying each part. I am still trying to get used to being called Miss! I have to say, I like it. I feel older for some reason. Today is my slower day; I have session 1 and 2 then plan for the afternoon. During session 1 I am getting much more comfortable with this group of students. I see them on Tuesdays for theory and then Thursdays and Fridays for aerobics. I have a good feeling they are getting used to me being around much more as well. I have not yet taught in a class room yet, but as I listen to lecture and class discussion I am eagerly engaging more and more each time. Today we discussed society norms and stereotyping. I really love seeing how these students think, and how it’s similar and different from my own thoughts. I am already ready for my principal to come observe! She will be coming on Friday to see me teach aerobics. I am nervous but anxious!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment