Thursday, August 9, 2012


Tuesday August 7th 2012
Day Twenty Two at Mountain Creek State High School

It was nice to be back in school today! I spent Friday-Monday away and I really started to miss my normal schedule. It was good to see my teacher and catch up as well. We have plans to attend a BBQ at the principal’s house this Saturday! How fun will that be! I love knowing how I am a colleague here. It is so different than back home in the sense that I can actually be social with the staff. I am really enjoying this part of student teaching. Tuesdays are also relaxing. My first two classes are no working on their assessment assignments! This gave me lots of time to talk and plan out the lessons for the week. I am eager to start teaching my year 12 class out on the oval tomorrow! I am nervous as well considering I have only done one lesson out on the oval. I have spent the afternoon preparing and getting ready for my Sexuality lesson tomorrow as well. It is my first time taking over this class and it is all about sexually transmitted infections. I am going to die when I see the students’ reactions to the pictures and facts I have in store for them! Today at the gym I really pushed myself to the limit. It is nice to remember to live what I preach! Especially when I attend the same gym as the students!

No comments:

Post a Comment