Thursday, August 9, 2012


Monday August 6th 2012
Day Twenty One at Mountain Creek State High School

First let me start off with how amazing my weekend was. My team became in love with me, and made me feel so welcomed. It was truly fun being around such an energetic group, just living and loving life. These girls were hyper to say the least, and I’m not going to lie I really enjoyed it. For a change, I spent my weekend very different than others. Rather than being out with the other NY students here, I was with students and 3 staff members, coaching and learning all about volleyball. It was such a nice change of scene. I was completely exhausted when I got home last night, but despite that I got up and attended the Athletic Carnival today. It was a beautiful sunny day, which was a great change from the cold weather over my weekend. Melissa and Nate also came along. We were picked up and spent the day assisting and enjoying the carnival. It was really interesting to watch the athletes from all the different schools here. There are really some great athletes. I was surprised after having conversations with the staff around that it is ‘not cool’ for the students to represent their school at this carnival. I knew this was true of my school because I have so many great athletes in classes yet they did not want to come represent the school. In my high school, if we ever had something as well organized and competitive as a school carnival, I would be trying my very hardest to get in! I think it is so awesome how the schools promote sport and health here. It is just sad to know that a lot of students are not really into it. After the carnival, I seriously went home to relax and regain strength from the last 4 busy days. It’s only 8pm and I am off to bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment