Sunday, August 19, 2012


Thursday August 16th 2012
Day Twenty Nine at Mountain Creek State High School

Today was a fairly relaxing day at school. My year 12 aerobics class runs smooth each time. I am surprised with how great some groups are doing in designing their routines. But I am also a bit disappointed in some groups that could be doing much better than they are. There is one group that I am very fond of, but they just do not put as much effort into their routine as I expected them to. I really have high hopes for my class and cannot wait for week 8. On the last day of week 8 I have created my own assessment for the groups. We are holding a dress rehearsal for them to perform and be video tapped. I am going to take the video tapes home and grade each individual! I know I see them each class, but I am hoping some of these groups pull together something better for the assessment trial. My year 9 HPE class is my favorite. I hate to even say I have a favorite, but I really just adore these students. Some of them goof off, but never enough that they are truly off task. For the most part they participate in both theory and practice. I love getting to know them and being able to enjoy them during class. I saw them during gym today session 4. This is the class that is run by year 12 fitness students. Basically my teacher hands me the class, and I organize with the year 12 students to have them run the class. They are always so shy with the students and I usually step in with organization and management. This is a great experience for me because I am not necessarily teaching the students in a normal way, but I am teaching older students how to teach my students. I get to show them to be firm and not to be scared to yell. I also get to show my year 9 students that when I talk they better not be talking and to show the same respect to the year 12 leaders. I love this class because although I am young, I now have year 12s asking me for help, and my year 9 class really respects me. It is a great way for me to let loose and while the year 12 students are organizing, I walk around, interact, and give feedback.

No comments:

Post a Comment