Thursday, March 22, 2012

Field Experience Day 8

FIELD EXPERIENCE DAY Eight March 20th 2012
St. Marys School - 5th grade

TOPIC: Reflection of Lesson

The weather has been beautiful lately. In March no one really expected for it to be 80 degrees out. Because of this exact reason, my host teacher decided to take the students outside. They are in the middle of the gymnastics unit, but instead of continuing that, they got to choose between kick ball, playing catch, or basically just hanging outside. Now I have to admit even with so much work upon me this weather has really made it hard to focus. However, my brain still remains set on my goals. It takes a lot in me to deny others of fun activities that involve being outside, but I know what is most important and I strive to maintain focused. I know everyone wants to enjoy the sun and be outside, but was this really beneficial for the students learning? It was more of a recess day rather than an efficient physical education class. Now to be fair, the students were having fun and loved the idea of going outside. But when it came down to it, no learning took place and to me that was unacceptable for the middle of March. My host teacher is a great guy, and for the most part really cares about the students learning. However I think the weather got the best of him this time around!!

No comments:

Post a Comment