Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Lab One!!

Click here to read about my LAB ONE!

St. Mary's was so fun. But wow was I exhausted. I did not realize how much energy it would take to "play" around with children. The funny part is,  even though I was with the youngest kids, I think I had to do a lot more work than others. The older the children, the more they know what they like and don't like. They understand if they want to play a certain game or sport. With these younger children we had to literally come up with imaginary games on the spot. I do not think children understand how lucky they are!! If only I could go back to a "free" time and play ice cream shop. It was hilarious what they were all saying and so dang cute. There were some children who were just off the wall hyper and it was awesome seeing them engage and run around. I did have this one little boy named Lucas who was only 3 years old, he was attached to my hip. He did not talk to me much but he just kept coming back to my legs. He always looked up at me and smiled and he constantly wanted my attention. Sometimes by how children act it just makes you wonder about their life outside school. I could not help but think about if he maybe got too much attention and was just used to it, or perhaps he did not get enough at all. I loved interacting with them and I am so eager to go back!


No comments:

Post a Comment