Monday, August 13, 2012


Thursday August 9th 2012
Day Twenty Four at Mountain Creek State High School

Thursdays are always slow days for me. While I do not do too much with the students, I really enjoy being here at this school with this staff. I have fit into the sub school well and it hit me that I have to leave soon. It is truly sad to think after finally getting settled in, leaving approaches. I cannot imagine how I am going to feel when I have to say goodbye to my lovely beach and sunrise bike ride to school every day. I like that in my staff house I am teased by one of the teachers. He is a funny man and old enough to be my father. He is always cracking jokes about me, and I just love it. It makes me feel part of the family here, and I enjoy being liked. During session 4 today I get to see my Sexuality class in the gym. The trainer is who actually runs the class, but my teacher and I get to walk around and correct/help the students as they train. They all participate very well! I love teaching the students how to lift weight or use the machines correctly, this is my specialty! It is so nice when you are positive of something you teach. When I am in sport, I am always nervous and second guessing myself due to lack of experience. I enjoy the times I get to relax and just let the learning occur naturally. I have to create a lesson for my year 12 REC class tomorrow. We are not able to combine with the other class on Friday’s, leaving us with only about 10 students if I’m lucky. I am still trying to figure out how to get these students involved!

No comments:

Post a Comment